Unlocking engineering skills for our region’s growth. Derby Manufacturing UTC will provide innovative, dynamic and empowering education and training for young people who have an interest in engineering and technological-based careers.
Mission Statement: "To serve the needs of the individual and the need of business"
The Derby Manufacturing UTC will provide innovative, dynamic and empowering education and training for young people who have an interest for engineering and technological based careers. Our aim is to develop people who are skilled, professional and enterprising – who can make a significant contribution to Engineering and science in derby, Derbyshire and the East Midlands.
- Pursue and develop a culture of excellence in everything undertaken
- Provide high-quality curriculum opportunities which combine key academic learning with technical skills development
- Develop skills in entrepreneurship
- Develop knowledge and skills in the application of lean principles
- Develop and provide an inclusive and supportive culture that is safe, effective, friendly and stimulating
- Provide a high-quality, inspiring and sustainable learning environment, making the most effective use of the UTC estate
- Develop effective external partnerships
- Attract, develop and retain a highly-qualified, skilled and professional workforce that will work together to be outstanding in everything undertaken
- Ensure the financial health and solvency of the UTC, enabling investment in the vision through effective utilisation of resources
- Provide a curriculum that is both responsive to local needs and pro-active in providing opportunities that stimulate and build local capacity and progression
- Strive for excellence in everything undertaken
- Put learning at the heart of all activities
- Respect and promote diversity and equality of opportunity
- Work together to be outstanding
- Develop outstanding learning and practice in sustainability
- Set and exceed high standards
- Provide outstanding customer service