18 October 2018, 5.00pm – 7.00pm
• What is a UTC?
• What can we offer you?
• Why join Derby Manufacturing UTC?
• Q and A session
• A guided tour of the school every 15 mins
• Do you have questions that need answering?
• What is the uniform and where can I get it
• How can my Child get to and from the UTC?
• What are the school day hours?
• What are the 2019/20 term dates?
• Come and chat to our subject specialists to find out what subjects we study and what we can over you at Key Stage 4 (Year 10 & 11) and Key Stage 5 (Year 12 & 13)
• See examples of the work that we do
• Discuss our year 12 pre-apprenticeship course – what are the advantages to you?
• Speak to our dedicated staff about what we can offer
• Help with SEND and other concerns
• Emotional Support
• Academic Support
• General Support
• See our students working on the lathes to give you an idea what we do during engineering lessons
• Visit the practical areas and classrooms that hold our up to date equipment
• Discuss the work that we do with our challenge partners – Rolls-Royce, Bombardier, Toyota, Lubrizol, Royal Navy
• What options are available to you with engineering companies by joining a UTC
Careers / Work Experience
• Come and find out who we have links with
• What opportunities are available to you by joining a UTC
• What options you have a post 16 and post 18
...and leave knowing you could join us in September 2019.